My Jar/Harrisons. Email

peteukpeteuk Forumite
781 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
This morning I have received an email from My Jar/Harrisons with regards to the redress of My Jar customers, asking for my bank details. Although the email looks a little dodgy, the web page looks ok (https).  It asks for my name, address (at the time) and bank details. To be safe I googled MY Jar/ Harrison and they are looking after the redress of My Jar customers.

BUT the web page states if you’ve not been emailed by 05 June then there is no redress. So five days later I get the email….

Sound dodgy?  Does anyone know how much they are paying in the pound email suggests only one of the four loans I took out is considered as part of the redress (second loan) and the amount is £996 (but obviously will get whatever they are paying by the pound X 996)

Any advice is welcomed… 
Proud to have dealt with our debts
Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
Current debt ZERO.
DEBT FREE

Replies

• sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It assumes any redress will be paid at a rate of 1p-to-2p in the pound, so not very much.

The only thing anyone can do with your bank details is pay money to you, so if you want it, there you go.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.