Has my debt been sold?

Options
Hi I noticed on my current statement the branch details for Natwest are CMS Recoveries Birmingham.
This is a natwest debt.
What does this mean ? They did not tell me what do I do ? 
I am on a break for 12  months from paying which is up in 3 months.
Please advise if I should be aware of anything ?
Many thanks 

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It hasn't been sold if you are still getting Natwest statements. Just being managed by a different department

Nothing to worry about.

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,966 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Capital Management Services, are just a plain old collections company, who manage bad debts on behalf of clients, in this case NatWest.

If or when your debt is sold, you will be notified in writing about it, and the buyer will be someone like Lowell/Cabot/PRA Group/Arrow Global or one of a myriad of other debt purchasing companies looking to make a buck out of you.

A good clue is if the words "management" or "collections" appear in their name, that`s the limit of what they do.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback