How do we find out what credit cards we have

in Debt-free wannabe
3 replies 261 views
diystarter7diystarter7 Forumite
3.9K Posts
1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
Forumite
Me and my wife have 2 each in a joint that we are aware of.
We want to close all of our credit cards as may we got for the freebies years ago and never used
and dont get letters etc
How do we find out what CC's we have, please?

Before you spend, remember the 
MSE Money Mantras. Ask yourself, do I need it? Can I afford it? If the answer is NO to any of those questions, DON’T buy it.  (Quote from MSE  15/11/22)

Politeness & courtesy are some of the few things in life that are free. Please remember that when posting, I may ignore permanently the unpolite, tedious, unconstructive and deliberately obtuse comments. Many thanks.

Replies

• edited 30 May 2022 at 4:21PM
    LittleMissDeterminedLittleMissDetermined Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 30 May 2022 at 4:21PM
    Just use a credit score app (Totally Money, Credit Karma, Clearscore etc) This will list all credit card accounts you have 
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive... Saving's better than spending...
    My debt free diary - Third time's the charm
    2023 1p challenge #11 | SPC #017 | DFBXMAS23 #12 £828/£4713
    CC#1 £0 | CC#2 £0 | CC#3 £0 | CC#4 £0 | CC#5 £0 | CC#6 £0 | CC#7 £3885 (0%) ...TOTAL £42361 £3885
    Target debt free date: 26 May 2023...111 days to go!
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Any accounts up to 6 years old will show on your credit files, accounts older than that, assuming you don`t use them, will have likely been mothballed or closed.

Any accounts still in use will send  you a new card periodically, no point in closing old delinquent accounts as information on them will no longer exist.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • diystarter7diystarter7 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks to both.

Before you spend, remember the 
    MSE Money Mantras. Ask yourself, do I need it? Can I afford it? If the answer is NO to any of those questions, DON’T buy it.  (Quote from MSE  15/11/22)

Politeness & courtesy are some of the few things in life that are free. Please remember that when posting, I may ignore permanently the unpolite, tedious, unconstructive and deliberately obtuse comments. Many thanks.