EDF 'Debit Added'

Options
I am jumping the gun here because I have provided my meter readings to EDF today, as they requested, and my bill won't be available for 2 days.

However, I have noticed that soon after my last bill (Oct 21) the bills and payments section shows an entry for 'Debit added' for around £72. When I click on it is says "We've put a debit of £71.66 onto your account."

I'm not sure what this relates to and I expect the bill will give more clues, but I'm keen to find out. I was previously with Green Network Energy and I'm wondering if it relates to that? Wasn't there some guaranteed price that EDF offered? But shouldn't it be a credit, not a 'debit'?

Comments

• pochase
    pochase Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you take out a fixed tariff with EDF? Otherwise you are on their standard variable rate. The only guaranteed price is that they will not charge more than the capped rate.

Did you not give them a meter reading for the 31st of March before the price increase on 1st of April?

What does your bill from October 2021 show, were you in credit or in debt? Was the debt shown maybe £71.66?
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you had your final bill from GNE?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • luckwudaveit
    Options
    I've now got the bill and it looks as though EDF has kept me on GNE's tariff for 2 months longer than expected. The £71.66 isn't mentioned specifically on the bill. I'll go through it in more detail later.

As usual, I've ended up on credit, they've refunded it and then put my DD up. Madness, keep the money in there and reduce my DD. 
  • Mobtr
    Mobtr Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've now got the bill and it looks as though EDF has kept me on GNE's tariff for 2 months longer than expected. The £71.66 isn't mentioned specifically on the bill. I'll go through it in more detail later.

As usual, I've ended up on credit, they've refunded it and then put my DD up. Madness, keep the money in there and reduce my DD. 
    Unfortunately if it’s your annual review they have to refund it. You could always pay it back then ask to have your direct debit reduced 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback