DMP Breathing space

Options
Hi people, I am in a DMP with StepChange, it has been over a month now.

i am in breathing space with my debtors also, and they have sent acknowledgement to show they have received the breathing space request.

There is one particular debtor (CRS), that is still hounding me for payment of this debt, even though they have sent me correspondence regarding the acceptance of the breathing space.

am I within my right to report this to StepChange, or even claim against the fact they’re now breaking the agreement by continuing comms about me paying my debt?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,917 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They are your creditors, you are the debtor.

CRS are a pain, however the letters are likely to be computer generated, but by all means make a complaint to them.

Remember its only for 60 days, so not long, I`d get used to letters if I were you, 99% of the time they contain utter twaddle anyway, quite laughable some of them, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Mikej92
    Mikej92 Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are your creditors, you are the debtor.

CRS are a pain, however the letters are likely to be computer generated, but by all means make a complaint to them.

Remember its only for 60 days, so not long, I`d get used to letters if I were you, 99% of the time they contain utter twaddle anyway, quite laughable some of them, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Sorry yes, had that mixed up, they’re calling me
    and emailing too, yep! Have been in the DMP, with StepChange for around 40 days now :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback