IVA unfairly recorded?

My financial problems came to a head in 2018. I contacted a national organisation won’t say who and they took me down the IVA route. I was unsure this was the best route for me. The creditors’ meeting agreed the IVA, but I did not agree to it and went down the DMP route instead. I now find three and a half years later I have an IVA recorded on my credit file as completed. I feel that I am being penalised for having an IVA without being in one at the end of the day? Any suggestions on what I can do?

Replies

• sammyjammysammyjammy Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Have you formally complained in writing to the company?  Thats your first step.  Just lay out the timeline/facts and ask them ot remove it from your credit record.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Also begs the question, why have you waited 3.5 years to bring this to their attention ?

Did you actually sign the forms ?

Its all well and good saying you chose to go down the DMP route, but if you signed your name, and did not withdraw from the agreement correctly, and within agreed timescales, then the entry may be correct.

You need to clarify things a little more here.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.