IVA unfairly recorded?

Options
My financial problems came to a head in 2018. I contacted a national organisation won’t say who and they took me down the IVA route. I was unsure this was the best route for me. The creditors’ meeting agreed the IVA, but I did not agree to it and went down the DMP route instead. I now find three and a half years later I have an IVA recorded on my credit file as completed. I feel that I am being penalised for having an IVA without being in one at the end of the day? Any suggestions on what I can do?

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you formally complained in writing to the company?  Thats your first step.  Just lay out the timeline/facts and ask them ot remove it from your credit record.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also begs the question, why have you waited 3.5 years to bring this to their attention ?

Did you actually sign the forms ?

Its all well and good saying you chose to go down the DMP route, but if you signed your name, and did not withdraw from the agreement correctly, and within agreed timescales, then the entry may be correct.

You need to clarify things a little more here.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback