IS my Takeaway actually taking the mick

Hi my friend recently started driving for a take away and they decided her wages. £2.50 per delivery and £20 for petrol. Now my friend has bent over backward for them, she went out posting their menus at 8:30am as they wanted it posted then. They promised her £50 but then only gave her £25 for 500 even though they have received alot of custom for them. She has twent in sick and got her sister to deliver for them because they never had a driver. So she had been working for over 2 weeks now and sometimes its quieter but the meals have to go to a longer further away address so she may do 12 but she can then do 16 and they can be local but she still uses the 100miles per day. She gets £2.50 automatically but day byday the man is wanting to take more and more money away from her and i personally dont agree with it. Where we live you get paid the £2.50 (they keep tips if given online) and should be getting £20 per night but now he wants her to do MON, TUES, WED  and they get 50 deliveries they still want to only give her £10 but if its a FRi, Sat or Sunday then he wants to give her the £20 petrol money / Now is that just me or is that not them making things complicated for themselves. THEY NEED TO TAKE INTO ORDER THEIR DAILY CUSTOMERS ARE IN 3 DIFFERENT TOWNS. Shes asked me for advice because you dont get a ti[ if they buyer pays online and even customers coming have asked for a delivery jar for them to put money in but they wont, even though its the delivery person who gies out her way everyday to help them. I want to tell my friend to give it up as they owners are LIARS and the MORE money they make (which they made from the delivery driver taking and delivery 644 slips per day, which they paid £25 for once.I feel the'yre taking advantage by now only wanting to give her £10 petrol which gives 50miles. Can someone else give their input then? Can someone tell me what she should get for a full days delivery money as £10 for diesel  doesnt even get her round all the addresses she has to go. I think the man owner is jsust so GREEDY

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,232
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is she earning at least minimum wage, after fuel costs? 
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,823
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Find a different job.

Hope she's got the right car insurance and not just the normal SD&P, with / without commuting, with / without business use as the insurance company will not cover her if she has an accident.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback