PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What should we include in MSE's new Cost of Living survival guide?

Comments

• GreenCat80
    GreenCat80 Posts: 268
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It would be great to have a guide to washing machine temperatures. How low can you go and still get things clean? 
    Debt was £15,903 😬 Now £2718.14 £0 😲🥳

• GreenCat80
    GreenCat80 Posts: 268
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It would be great to have a guide to washing machine temperatures. How low can you go and still get things clean? 
    You can still get things clean regardless of the temperature of the water, some countries wash their clothes in cold rivers thrashing the clothes on the rocks. Ive always used a 30° wash for everything, its the lowest on my machine. Hot water does not make your clothes any cleaner, in fact washing clothes in cold water can help slow fading of colors and shrinking in fabrics, therefore your clothes last longer.
    I always wash our clothes at 30°, I'm wondering about going down to 20°. Towels and bedding I wash at 40° or 60° (my son wets so I wash bedding a lot)
    Debt was £15,903 😬 Now £2718.14 £0 😲🥳

• cdm
    cdm Posts: 53
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone! Spotty I’ve not managed to pop back before…thank you for clarifying ‘TCB’…I found myself wondering about ‘tax credits something-or-other’ and all manner of different definitions!!! Thanks again! 
    SPC 093 :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure