DRP parking ticket

Hi , I was parked in a disabled bay with my blue badge visible on my dashboard,  I was in Wren looking & Purchasing a new kitchen for over 4 hours , I have the receipt from Wren also to confirm this .
I've just recieved a red letter from DRP with a photo of my car & reg number clearly visible.  I'm not contesting that I was over the time period , my mum also was parked in another space yet didn't recieve a ticket .
I've been told to just ignore these guys as they dong have the capacity to enforce this but I'm worried also that this will have a negative impact on my credit score .
Will this happen ? Can they enforce this? 

Please help guys .

Regards 

AB 

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,816
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    albev75 said:
    Hi , I was parked in a disabled bay with my blue badge visible on my dashboard,  I was in Wren looking & Purchasing a new kitchen for over 4 hours , I have the receipt from Wren also to confirm this .
    I've just recieved a red letter from DRP with a photo of my car & reg number clearly visible.  I'm not contesting that I was over the time period , my mum also was parked in another space yet didn't recieve a ticket .
    I've been told to just ignore these guys as they dong have the capacity to enforce this but I'm worried also that this will have a negative impact on my credit score .
    Will this happen ? Can they enforce this? 

Please help guys .

Regards 

AB 

Read through this section:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Any questions, ask them.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 May 2022 at 2:50PM
    DRP don't do parking tickets!

Post Four of the Newbies Sticky in the above forum deals with them entirely.  It also covers Scotland in some detail.

You would do best to get in there!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure