We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Network Debt Recovery Ltd.
horace_2
Posts: 636 Forumite
Has anyone had dealings with this company?
I am debt free but have received a letter from Network Debt Recovery Ltd. alleging that I owe £119.72 and that they have been instucted by Huttons Solicitors.
Their letter invites me to telephone 0871 222 7310 without delay.
I have telephoned only to be left `on hold` whilst they `look` for the papers.
I have held on for 2 minutes or so and then hung up. Clearly their 078 number is probably raking in valuable revenue at my expense.
Searches of Google and BT directory enquires have proved to no avail for this company.
Their letter list a fax number 01772 881200 which I have faxed requesting details of the alleged debt. They have not replied to date.
Their web site https://www.ndrltd.co.uk is presently unavailable.
Has anyone had correspondance from this company?
I do not have any debts and I have not heard of Huttons Solicitors
My impression is that the letter I have received is a scam.
The letter from Network Debt Recovery Ltd states their address as
Environmental House
Cross Street
Standish
Wigan
WN6 0HQ
Has anyone had dealings with this company or can offer advice please?
I am debt free but have received a letter from Network Debt Recovery Ltd. alleging that I owe £119.72 and that they have been instucted by Huttons Solicitors.
Their letter invites me to telephone 0871 222 7310 without delay.
I have telephoned only to be left `on hold` whilst they `look` for the papers.
I have held on for 2 minutes or so and then hung up. Clearly their 078 number is probably raking in valuable revenue at my expense.
Searches of Google and BT directory enquires have proved to no avail for this company.
Their letter list a fax number 01772 881200 which I have faxed requesting details of the alleged debt. They have not replied to date.
Their web site https://www.ndrltd.co.uk is presently unavailable.
Has anyone had correspondance from this company?
I do not have any debts and I have not heard of Huttons Solicitors
My impression is that the letter I have received is a scam.
The letter from Network Debt Recovery Ltd states their address as
Environmental House
Cross Street
Standish
Wigan
WN6 0HQ
Has anyone had dealings with this company or can offer advice please?
0
Comments
-
Network Debt Recovery Ltd
Personal Injury Solicitor
76 Craddock Road, SALE, Cheshire M33 3LL
That looked a bit odd though.
I did find
Mirror.co.uk - News - Mirror Investigates
NETWORK Debt Recovery Ltd offers "the most professional and easiest way to recover your business debts". The director of this lot is 45-year-old Wade ...
Which sounds like they had something dubious but I can't find the article.
I wouldn't try calling people like this. Send them a letter - they probably won't process it for a few months.
If you don't know about the debt then it sounds like a scam. They obviously have your address so Huttons would have been sending you reminders before passing on the debt.0 -
Just had a quick search around for you - but can't find anything.
However, you might want to edit your post to show the correct web site address as...
https://www.ndrltd.co.uk0 -
Thanks for your replies so far
Website address amended thanks.
horace0 -
Write to them at the address on their letter, dispute the debt and tell them to only contact you in writing with full details of any alleged debt. Oh, send it recorded delivery too.He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)0
-
Network Debt Recovery Ltd is registered at Companies' House, at the address at Environmental House, although that really doesn't mean very much at all.
The (short) article that nrsql refers to can be found at http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/mirrorinvestigates/tm_column_date=02062005-name_index.html (at the bottom).
Horace, you've referred to two different firms of solicitors, Huttons and Suttons, both of which are real firms. You might like to contact the appropriate one.
Huttons Solicitors
16 St. Andrews Crescent
CARDIFF
CF10 3DD
029 2037 8621
https://www.huttons-solicitors.co.uk
Suttons Solicitors
23 Bentinck Street
LONDON
W1U 2EZ
020 7935 5279
020 7935 5541
If they don't have a connection with NDR Ltd, they're not going to be very pleased at NDR Ltd using their good name. They will probably take NDR to task, themselves. If they do have a connection, they should be able to tell you what's going on. If you believe that a firm of solicitors is actively participating in a scam, you can tell them you intend to report them to the Law Society (https://www.lawsociety.org.uk).古池や蛙飛込む水の音0 -
Alfie E,
I am endebted for your research and advice.
My initial post has been amended from `Suttons` to `Huttons`. Thank you for noticing this mistake.
I will e-mail Huttons and post their reply here.
Regards
Horace.0 -
UPDATE.
After contact with Huttons they confirmed that they had instructed Network Debt Recovery to recover £80.00 from me.
I sought details of the alleged debt and after investigation Huttons wrote saying that they had made a mistake and that I did not owe them anything.
They also wrote to NDR to cancel recovery action. To date I have not heard from NDR that action has ceased.
The problem appears to have arisen when I purchased a BTL several years ago. The Building Society that provided the mortgage appointed Huttons to act and agreed to pay the legal fees incurred. It was the BS that owed the money to Huttons not me. Why £80 was outstanding I know not, it appears an odd amount.
How can I check if any damaging information has been added to my credit standing because of this fiasco and is it worth complaining to the Law Society?
horace0 -
Easy part is getting a credit report although I might be tempted to leave it a month so that at least Huttons have a chance of correcting any info first.
As for complaining to the Law Society I don't think I would bother if your credit rating hasn't been damaged or Huttons won't put right any incorrect info ....ok they made a mistake but have admitted it as soon as it was discovered.
Perhaps I'm a dying breed where I consider an apology sufficient in certain circumstances.2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310
2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards