IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help!

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They might try a claim but we know how to defend. No worries!

Please show a photo of that LBC as I'd like a recent CST example to use as evidence in my submission to this call for evidence:

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/7972/work-of-the-county-court/

Thanks. Need to see one this week if poss! Cover your data and the PCN reference.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lurpdog101
    Options
    Here are the pages of the main letter - it then goes into the form where I can dispute it etc, followed by an income/expenditure sheet to complete, which I refuse as it is non of their business what payments I make each month. As it stands, there is sweet nothing for them anyhow, as struggling to even cover mortgage at moment! I blanked off my personal details and any info of PCN/Reference numbers...but not the amounts

• raislander
    Options
    Hi I'm in the same boat as you, I got a LBC from CST Law, see attached. I read the instructions in the NEWBIE page but I don't see any email in their letter to reply? Should I reply by POST instead?

I'd appreciate any input on how to proceed as this is the 1st time I have to face this. The PCN is from Stansted infamous parking at McDonalds. 

• lurpdog101
    Options
    @Coupon-mad many thanks - yes, £480 added on for the DCA fees - I had looked it up last year to see that DRA and CST Law were the same firm. 

As mentioned, I received an LBC last June (2022) and responded to it....with their reply coming in October. I have since then heard nothing at all until this came through, so I am doubting they will take it to court now either, and with the fact they have added so much more than the £70, tells me I would have a strong case.

Do I need to respond to this LBC or not? As said, the remainder of it was the form to complete, to admit the amount, or dispute it with reason why. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I'd reply if only to wind the eejits up!

Surely there's an email for this bunch on other threads, or on their website? Don't waste a stamp.
  • lurpdog101
    Options
    Hi all @Coupon-mad

Hope everyone had nice Christmas. I just had a County Court Summons end up through my door for the amount of £1710 (£1515 amount claimed) plus £195 of court charges on top. I am distraught.. all of this for £8. 

Breakdown: 
    £1280 for monies relating to parking charges
    £235.03 pursuant to s69 of County CourtvAct at rate of 8% p.a from 12/09/21 to date
    Interest hereon in at the same rate until judgement or sooner payment at the daily rate of £0.28

I don't know what to do. I am barely able to keep roof over head of my family as it is, as single income, with my wife unable to work for many years now, due to illness. This is going to tip me over the edge. She didn't pay as was in for between 5-15 minutes a time, she did not see any signs, but when did go back, they are absolutely tiny and cannot be read unless 6" in front, and being disabled, she couldn't get out anyhow, as no disabled spaces (which I know is not a legal requirement to have any) 

What can I do??? This has been going on for 3 years, they have knocked back 2 appeals and then didn't contact me from January until November this year.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Simple!  You don't have a Summons.

Easy to defend using our template defence.  The NEWBIES Thread 2nd post explains.

Show us the claim form, covering your data, VRM, claim number and the MCOL password.
  • lurpdog101
    Options
    thanks. I am so stressed right now. 

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As @Coupon-mad writes, just defend using the @hharry100 defence for sparse particulars. Make sure you do the AOS 5 days after the issue date to buy yourself maximum time available.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback