Please can anyone help!

My son has an empty property, waiting the sale to go through, it was previously rented. He is purchasing a new build and has been told he needs to pay capital gains tax before the sale has gone through on his empty property and will be able to claim this back. We have only just found this out. He bought the property for 81k and is selling it for £125k, can anyone tell me how much this would be and is this right that you can claim this back?
Thank you 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools