John Lewis Competitions not appearing on your account

jacknutter
jacknutter Posts: 4,841 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 10 March 2022 at 10:50AM in Compers chat corner
Hi All,

I like so many of you am not seeing on my John Lewis account their competitions.  After a number of emails with them on the issue I got the unsatisfactory response below (along with my response to them) and all I can suggest is that if you are not seeing the competitions on your account is to complain to them as if enough of us do they may improve their system.

(Removed by Forum Team)

To: (Removed by Forum Team)
Sent: Monday, 31 January 2022, 11:46:47 GMT
Subject: Re: John Lewis Contact - CASE-XXXXXX

Dear (Removed by Forum Team),

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly but this is very unfair to account holders as not clear anywhere on your website or account terms and conditions what the criteria is to have competitions on the rewards page and why some have and others not.  

Your marketing team do need to do something about this issue as I and other account holders who I also know do not have these competitions on their accounts will be raising this issue again as we are not very happy about this.

(Removed by Forum Team)

On Monday, 31 January 2022, 11:23:12 GMT, (Removed by Forum Team) wrote:

Dear (Removed by Forum Team),

Thank you for contacting John Lewis & Partners.

With regards to your query, the rewards provided through my John Lewis are issued by an automated system which works to provide offers based on spending habits. It is understood that the system is not always known to be entirely accurate, though this is something we aim to work on over time. Though there are rewards that are provided under specific criteria, many of our offers are provided in a more fluid manner. We provide a wide range of offers and apologise that we did not provide the exact offers that you have requested. 

I am afraid we cannot provide this offer to you in this instance, as this has not been provided as part of your currently available rewards. Apologies for the inconvenience. In review of your account, I can see that we have provided other offers that you have taken advantage of, as well as rewards such as a £5 e-gift card after a £50 spend, which may be more in keeping with your preferred preference. 

Please be assured, your feedback will be sent to our marketing team for review and will assist us to improve this service in the future. 

I hope this email finds you well. If we can assist with any query related to your John Lewis shopping account, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Yours sincerely, 

(Removed by Forum Team)

my John Lewis

Comments

• Pansy1
    Pansy1 Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, it’s working ok for me and I wonder if that is because I have had an account for a while . I’d be interested to know if anyone who just made an account for the competition managed to enter as maybe that is where the block is .
  • It took a month after having the account for me to start to see the competitions. 
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've had an account for years but have not bought anything for years and have not been able to see or enter competitions under the reward section for (again) years.
  • Rahven
    Rahven Posts: 4,861 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2022 at 4:06PM
    I've had an account for ~2.5 years. Spent about £60 at John Lewis using my card over the last year.

I see all of them (or at least I think I do! I post the ones I see)
  • jacknutter
    I have had an account for years and have spent a fortune with them!
  • Inaka
    Inaka Posts: 243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 March 2022 at 8:27AM
    Silly question, just throwing out ideas but is your account linked to a 'My John Lewis' card? Older accounts wouldn't be automatically signed up so wondering if thats a prerequisite to be able to see the competitions.
  • jacknutter
    mine is linked to My John Lewis card.
  • glennamy
    glennamy Posts: 2,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I stopped getting these rewards like many others. However, I recently purchased a stick vacuum online from JL, and hey presto, the rewards are back.

This tells me that you actually need to buy items for the rewards to appear in your account!
    Can't Smile Without You
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,874 Forumite
    glennamy said:
    This tells me that you actually need to buy items for the rewards to appear in your account!
    I usually have all the rewards people share and I've never bought anything on my account or used my reward card.

I just logged in and realised I hadn't set a date of birth, it says it is optional, but I think it defaults, so I had to change it 😆 
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • jacknutter
    I do buy from John Lewis and still no rewards appear, I gave up trying to find somone reasonable at John Lewis to assist, very unfair rewards system..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback