We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Register as self employed, director
shimlad
Posts: 14
Forumite
in Cutting tax
Ok, so I have started doing some freelance work which is going to become a large portion of my income. I am invoicing 1 company about 1k per month and then another about £100.
So I believe I now need to regsiter myself as self employed.
When I go to the HMRC website to do this it basically wants to send me a goverment gateway ID to set this up.
However I already have a government gateway ID becauae I use it to submit a self assesment related to being a director of a ltd company.
Do I need to sign up again, im confused. Any help appreciated, thank you.
Ben
So I believe I now need to regsiter myself as self employed.
When I go to the HMRC website to do this it basically wants to send me a goverment gateway ID to set this up.
However I already have a government gateway ID becauae I use it to submit a self assesment related to being a director of a ltd company.
Do I need to sign up again, im confused. Any help appreciated, thank you.
Ben
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards