Asda delivery pass

Options
Hi everyone, 

I am trying to set up online delivery for my elderly parents. I see Asda are offering a delivery pass scheme and wanted to know, does the order need to be £40 each time for the delivery pass to work? 

If so, what happens if it is under £40?

Thanks,
Littlemiss

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes it needs to be £40 to use the delivery pass:

https://groceries.asda.com/terms-and-conditions#DeliveryPassAnchor 

I imagine if you spend under £40 then you cannot use the pass and normal terms apply, £3 charge on top of delivery cost.

https://asda-grocery.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail_grow/a_id/2164/~/what-is-the-minimum-order-amount?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a delivery pass and have just tried it. If my order is less than £40 then they seem to add the following two items:

Pick, pack and deliver: £5.00
    Minimum basket charge: £3.00

Stompa
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Firstly, delivery passes only save money if you use them regularly, so they pay for themselves. If they aren't used regularly, they can be more expensive than picking a cheap slot. 

If elderly parents aren't welded to a particular supermarket, if you have a delivery pass already, many supermarkets will allow you to send an online order to another address. Useful for deliveries to elderly parents/relatives and for self-catering holidays in UK. 

Iceland used to deliver food bought in store with a minimum of £25, if the problem is hefting shopping rather than travelling and buying food. Some supermarkets have/had a free bus. 

Buy local food buy seasonal food farm shops sustainable food organic food - Big Barn some farm shops and stallhlders at farmers' markets will deliver, without charging for delivery, usually.

My local NISA store will deliver phone orders £25+ and village/corner shops may do something similar.

Milk & More delivers free of charge with no minimum order. Riverford delivers free of charge with a minimum order of £15 and Abel & Cole minimum order is £15 also, with a 1.99 delivery charge. All of them allow flexibility so you can set up regular orders. 
    Although their prices aren't cheap, by buying only things I need, I'm saving money, not trying to make an order hit £40 and all three have special offers. This cuts down on supermarket deliveries for me, I will only do one or two a month, at most, now, to scoop up offers on pantry, frozen, toiletries and household stuff.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback