Why Me!

I was just about on track to get my debts to less than £7000 and now me car f***s up and costs me £400 to get it sorted! AAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry people, I am just having a moan.

RBS STUDENT ACCOUNT - £1400 0% till whenever Limit £1400
MBNA - £5995 0% till Jan Limit £6000
MORGAN - £200 0% till Nov

Comments

• Don't worry Omar, it happens to all of us! Just use it as a positive - ie another reason to stay on track as once you're debt free you'll be able to build savings for precisely this sort of thing. Hang in there!
    Quit smoking 18/08/07
  • debtbuster2K5
    debtbuster2K5 Posts: 1,515 Forumite
    Hi Omar,

Its always a pain when something like this crops up. Are you not able to rejig your budget and put some money aside for this sort of thing. I know that will eat into your debt repayments, but it is much less painful when you know you have a buffer of money for these sorts of things.

Hang in there
    24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? :beer:
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Try not to let it get to you, it does happen to the best of us, as another poster said. Just see it as a temporary setback - you'll be on track again before you know it.

Ms_London
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Dont worry mate happens to the best of us, try not to see it as too much as a set back
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    James240 wrote:
    Dont worry mate happens to the best of us, try not to see it as too much as a set back

Hey James

Your signature is looking very familiar :rotfl: !!

I got your PM, shall reply in a sec.

Ms_L
  • boogiemaster
    boogiemaster Posts: 912 Forumite
    I have a land rover discovery and that needs a few quid spending on it.
    The back box snapped at the pipe, and then the front box and pipe started blowing on the same day.
    I found out I need 4 bottom ball joints and bar at the front, four new disks and pads.
    So it will cost me a few quid to replace all the parts except the exhaust and a company is doing that for £100.
    I will do the ball joints tracks rod ends and the bar, also do the brakes myself, that will save me a few pounds.
    I hate doing exhausts? I hate the muck falling on me and getting messed up, I will take it easy with the rest of the work and take my time.

So your not the only one, I save up some money and something always breaks down, Its Martins law lol.
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport