PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Childcare, Single-Income Family & Monitoring Cashflow

13»

Comments

• Shoxt3r said:

Yes there is a noticeable draught in our front room but we haven't been able to source where it's coming from - I suspect we're losing quite a bit of heat through it but I'm concerned it's going to cost a lot of money to have it investigated.

Get a joss stick, aka an incense stick, light it, and see which way the smoke blows. You'll be able to follow it back to the source of the draught.
  • Shoxt3r
    Shoxt3r Posts: 169
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Shoxt3r said:

Yes there is a noticeable draught in our front room but we haven't been able to source where it's coming from - I suspect we're losing quite a bit of heat through it but I'm concerned it's going to cost a lot of money to have it investigated.

Get a joss stick, aka an incense stick, light it, and see which way the smoke blows. You'll be able to follow it back to the source of the draught.

Great tip, will give that a go, thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback