Woodland Carbon Code

Does anyone have experience of planting trees and selling carbon credits through this scheme? I have a piece of land which I could potentially use for this purpose, but would need to understand it better first. In particular, I'm not clear on whether it generates a regular income or simply a one-off payment.
thanks

Replies

• VerdigrisVerdigris Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you tried looking at the relevant government website for your country (devolved regions have some differing rules)?

The proposed schemes, recently announced, would seem to favour only parcels of land over 500ha, so only the already very wealthy will benefit.
  • crexcrex Forumite
    21 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, and I've got some useful information there, but not an answer to this specific question. Definitely scope for smaller tracts of land here in Scotland - I've only got 3Ha.
  • VerdigrisVerdigris Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was looking at something similar, in Wales, a while back, but it wasn't at all clear, partly, I suspect, because they were waiting to see what the Westminster lot would announce, before publishing their own version.

It might be worth asking local conservation charities and organisations. They should know what is available and could be a good source of advice in managing it, too.