Umbrella company NI deductions

Options
I have been carrying out around 25 hours work a month via an umbrella company since November 2021. They have been treating this as weekly pay (with the consequent employer and employee national insurance deductions) even though this work occurs only monthly. I have just managed to get them to agree to a monthly pay arrangement but they are refusing to recalculate the earlier payments as they say they have already reported this information to HMRC. Can't they send corrections to HMRC? Is there any way I can reclaim the NI payments? 

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,865 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Val999 said:
    I have been carrying out around 25 hours work a month via an umbrella company since November 2021. They have been treating this as weekly pay (with the consequent employer and employee national insurance deductions) even though this work occurs only monthly. I have just managed to get them to agree to a monthly pay arrangement but they are refusing to recalculate the earlier payments as they say they have already reported this information to HMRC. Can't they send corrections to HMRC? Is there any way I can reclaim the NI payments? 
    See https://www.gov.uk/claim-national-insurance-refund which I hope might help.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback