Job seekers travel card - Limited eligbility?

Options
Hi,

I have found the Job Seekers travel card really useful as i look for work.

My Job Seekers Allowance based on contributions ran out in October.  I have tried to renew the card today and was told the previous one was the last one.

Does anyone have any experience of this? - I am still actively looking for work and have signed up for NI contributions and this has been approved by the job centre.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    For many benefits of this type you have to be in receipt of payment of benefit, not just claiming and receiving NI credits.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,873 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I have found the Job Seekers travel card really useful as i look for work.

My Job Seekers Allowance based on contributions ran out in October.  I have tried to renew the card today and was told the previous one was the last one.

Does anyone have any experience of this? - I am still actively looking for work and have signed up for NI contributions and this has been approved by the job centre.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    This is provided to those unemployed claiming Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit for 3-9 months (18-24 year olds) or 3-12 months (over 25s). Other benefit recipients may receive a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card from 3 months of their claim and if they are actively engaged with a Jobcentre Plus adviser. Cardholders are entitled to a 50% discount on selected rail tickets. Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-to-help-with-the-cost-of-transport/support-to-help-with-the-cost-of-transport

Does that answer your question? If not, you need to talk to your local Jobcentre.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback