We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Has the Comp Forum Gone to the Dogs

More compers leaving ! Has it gone/going to the dogs?
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
«1

Comments

  • In short, yes
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,519
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    Yes, I think so. I'm still hanging on because I do like the format here but also use Competition Database now and notice that so many comps don't get posted here anymore. I quite understand why, because it's almost impossible to search on here now, I've stopped posting any comps I find too.
    Such a shame as when I started back in 2009 this used to be such a nice friendly place with a real sense of community, all gone now.
  • Deb2008
    Deb2008 Posts: 1,774
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think its already gone to the dogs, happily used this forum over the last god knows how many years, its not the same and some faves members, have left and yet more are leaving :(  I really hope Martin sorts it, otherwise I fear even more will and we all will have to find another site :(
    2011 & 2012 - Many Fantastic Prizes - thank you to all posters 2021 7 small prizes 2022 1 prize2023 1 prize 2024 5 prizes 2025 None
    2026 3 prizes
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,137
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes.

    I can't be bothered posting because of the search. I can't make head nor tail of it.

    I looked at Competiton Database but it's just too messy for my liking.
  • Ktkoozal
    Ktkoozal Posts: 312
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    This is such sad news to lose so many, I will continue here, but I shall need to supplement with another site. This forum was always the best, and I could never get to the end of all the comp posts, no matter how much time and effort I had put in. But now it's a skeleton, just because of the search issues and a new forum set up.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Went to the dogs when so many features were lost when the forum changed, since then further detrimental changes have happened, along with a reduction in the number of available competitions posted compared to other sites loss of some posters  and mse for competitions has now not just gone to the dogs it is firmly in rabid wolf territory    
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 4,285
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    with so few comps to enter it is not surprising. The list is so full of social media, mag daily, widgets, snizl and the like that it I have to wade through pages of junk to find web based comps and even then most are things that are of no interest.
    With more and more comps being pushed onto these platforms comping is becoming less appealing overall. 
    I'm certainly entering less and less comps these days.
    2026 prizes - £10 BioSynergy voucher; £200 LovetoShop voucher; Swan retro kitchen electricals; Revive Active supplements; Yawn airbed; gaming mouse; 3 tins Olive oil;

    2026 -as of 4/08: Comps 7054: wins 7: value £700
    2025 Comps 12362: wins 10: value £1862
    2024 Comps 13526: wins 13: value £1475

  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,406
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    with so few comps to enter it is not surprising. The list is so full of social media, mag daily, widgets, snizl and the like that it I have to wade through pages of junk to find web based comps and even then most are things that are of no interest.
    With more and more comps being pushed onto these platforms comping is becoming less appealing overall. 
    I'm certainly entering less and less comps these days.
    There are other sites where you can narrow your choices by entry method as well as prize type
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.