Has the Comp Forum Gone to the Dogs

More compers leaving ! Has it gone/going to the dogs?
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• In short, yes
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Yes, I think so. I'm still hanging on because I do like the format here but also use Competition Database now and notice that so many comps don't get posted here anymore. I quite understand why, because it's almost impossible to search on here now, I've stopped posting any comps I find too.
    Such a shame as when I started back in 2009 this used to be such a nice friendly place with a real sense of community, all gone now.
  • Deb2008
    Deb2008 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think its already gone to the dogs, happily used this forum over the last god knows how many years, its not the same and some faves members, have left and yet more are leaving :(  I really hope Martin sorts it, otherwise I fear even more will and we all will have to find another site :(
    2011 & 2012 - Many Fantastic Prizes - thank you to all posters 2021 7 small prizes 2022 1 small clever pots win2023 £50 Yours Mag 2024 £100 Thats Life, book win, Thats Life Crime
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yes.

I can't be bothered posting because of the search. I can't make head nor tail of it.

I looked at Competiton Database but it's just too messy for my liking.
  • Ktkoozal
    Ktkoozal Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    This is such sad news to lose so many, I will continue here, but I shall need to supplement with another site. This forum was always the best, and I could never get to the end of all the comp posts, no matter how much time and effort I had put in. But now it's a skeleton, just because of the search issues and a new forum set up.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    Went to the dogs when so many features were lost when the forum changed, since then further detrimental changes have happened, along with a reduction in the number of available competitions posted compared to other sites loss of some posters  and mse for competitions has now not just gone to the dogs it is firmly in rabid wolf territory    
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 3,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    with so few comps to enter it is not surprising. The list is so full of social media, mag daily, widgets, snizl and the like that it I have to wade through pages of junk to find web based comps and even then most are things that are of no interest.
    With more and more comps being pushed onto these platforms comping is becoming less appealing overall. 
    I'm certainly entering less and less comps these days.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    with so few comps to enter it is not surprising. The list is so full of social media, mag daily, widgets, snizl and the like that it I have to wade through pages of junk to find web based comps and even then most are things that are of no interest.
    With more and more comps being pushed onto these platforms comping is becoming less appealing overall. 
    I'm certainly entering less and less comps these days.
    There are other sites where you can narrow your choices by entry method as well as prize type
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback