🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

M&S loan give to debt agency

Options
looby27
looby27 Posts: 6 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have a loan with M&S for 13k. In 2019 I had a 6 month break due to job loss, in which M&S default my account since I had a six month repayment break. After the 6 month break I found a job and started repaying on time. I have recieved a letter saying weston credit agency have the loan. Can they do this, why give it to a debt agency when I've been paying on time. Any advice is welcome 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's fine for them to pass it to a DCA.

Just keep on repaying it.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes they can do it. You haven't been paying on time, by your own admission you are 6 months in arrears.

Was the 6 month "break" authorised and pre-agreed or did you just stop paying? Have you repaid the 6 months arrears?

From stopping paying in 2019 to action in Jan-22, seems a long time for any action, what has happened in between?
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • looby27
    Options
    The break had been agreed with M&S. With losing my job. When I was back in work I started paying back after the 6 months. It was actually 2020 not 2019. I've been paying back every month for over a year. I went back to the original payment I was not asked to pay more by M&S to make up for the 6 months I missed. 
  • looby27
    Options
    Do I keep to the payment amount I had been originally paying to M&S. To credit agency as its an affordable amount for me. Its made me full of anxiety this has never happened to me before 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, just stick to the payments. But at some point, you'll need a plan to make up the arrears.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure