Rejoining the Comping community

Hi I'm rejoining after a gap of a few years. Wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions please?

Would a text competition that uses SNR be free if you had an unlimited text bundle?

Also how are you entering Twitter and IG competitions. Do you tag your real friends in them or do you have a separate account with other compers you are friends with?

Comments

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Welcome back

Six number text competitions are not usually included in bundles provided by networks.  I use O2, and they're charged extra.

Regarding social media competitions, I usually only tag other compers.  

There are posts here posted by mgm, which might be helpful.

Good luck
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi @Aimone, welcome back to the world of comping, I hope luck is on your side!

Regarding social media accounts, I am lucky enough to have become friends with some compers, so I am happy for them to be on my Facebook and I tag them most of the time, but I don't often enter share competitions, so it doesn't bombard my other friends or cover my wall. It is against Facebook terms and conditions to have more than one Facebook account and to not use your real information (Name and Date of Birth)
    Instagram I have a lovely bunch of people I can tag, probably around 20 who are compers, so I can spread out who I tag and most of them also tag me too.
    My Twitter is a complete mess if I'm honest, it's basically competition retweets! I have some friends that are also compers I am able to tag.
    I'm not on TikTok and do not wish to be :lol: , I do enter the very occasional competition on Pinterest.

Tip: Facebook and Instagram are really hot on banning people at the moment, some people get 24 hour bans or weekly bans, others have had their whole account removed, so it helps to make your comments unique, whether you tag your friend then write a comment or just add a unique emoji.

Let me know if you need anyone to tag, I'm more than happy for some people to tag me. :smile:
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback