Time to open up...

Options
Having received fantastic advice on my recent posts here, and reading many debt free diaries, I felt inspired to begun my own. 

I have recently had my light bulb moment. Following the breakdown of my marriage, I ended up ignoring the debts for five years. I have had the war in my head about knowing what I need to face  I finally, following advice from here, tackled my debts and am now on track with a monthly  budgeting plan, (providing work remains in place during this shaky economic time) and with payday tomorrow, I have written everything down, prepared myself for a long month as payday is earlier. (Have read the December pay trap thread) I now have my next month's plan in place. 

I earn £1257 (net a month) I have no rent or mortgage so I'm able to throw what I can extra outside of the payment arrangements made with Lowells. I have set a comfortable arrangement with them and any overtime I'm able to do, enables me to pay extra without any stress. My aim is to be debt free by April 2023 at the latest. 

With all of that said, welcome to my diary. Today, I'm gardening, I have finished work until 27th. I live very rural, the nearest town is 10 miles away. 

Looking forward to chatting and any advice is always welcome from knowledgeable people here. 
#19 on Pay ALL your debt off by Christmas 2022. 

£6487.15 to pay. 

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I can't claim to be a knowledgeable person but I'm sure they will be along soon. I just wanted to say hello and welcome. I will be following your journey to debt free. :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey 👋

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck on the journey to debt freedom
  • Tiredbutdetermined
    Options
    Hello 👋 

It is 8months since my husband left us in a big pile of financial mess. I am quite enjoying taking some accountability but the non-amicable divorce is pulling us down :(

Is Lowell’s a Debt Management Plan?
    Halifax CC April 21 £3176.24 Now £0 PAID OFF
    PO loan May 21 £6804.36 Now £0 PAID OFF
    H loan May 21 £8961.84 Now £0 PAID OFF
    Creation May 21 £1548.33 Now £0 PAID OFF 

Total Debt May 21 £20,490.44  DEBT FREE DATE 29/7/22 

Mortgage balance May 21 £177,096.19. Now £151,258.92
    Mortgage free date. At start of sole mortgage = July 2042

SAVINGS FOCUS - get rid of the car finance. Savings balance/outstanding balance = £6885.90/£15,631.25
  • Four_Seasons
    Options
    The very best of luck with your new diary will be cheering you on x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary.
    Keep posting.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback