What's the biggest Christmas waste of money?

Options
In the interests of cutting down the Christmas shopping bill, what do you think is the biggest waste of money at Christmas?

Maybe you think presents for babies aren't worth it, or for toddlers and pets who'll only be interested in the box anyway. Or is there a Christmas dinner item that everyone hates but still gets served up every year in the name of tradition, only to be thrown in the bin on Boxing Day? How about excessive wrapping paper, cards?

Let us know your thoughts.

Comments

• MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    Biggest Xmas wastes of money? Wrapping paper! Did you know I've a blog on Wrapping presents sustainably? and also Christmas jumpers. Here's a blog I prepared earlier... Cheap sustainable jumpers. :wink::smiley: Now if you'll excuse me, my boss wants a chat... probably about challenging other team members to duels... :lol:
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    Dates. Date farmers probably don't even like dates, really.
    WHAT I eat dates every day. If we weren't wfh I'd challenge you to a duel in the office  :lol:
    I've tried to like them, I really have - but they have the texture of greasy sand and my face goes weird when having to chew them.
    :open_mouth: What kind of dates have you been eating?! The £3 medjool dates from Asda are pretty decent normally, and if you can get the Tesco extra special selection it has medjool and another good date (zamli?) in. Don't pay full-price though, only get them on offer. This time of year, Aldi often have medjool dates, too, which are cheaper than Asda. If you've been eating cheap dates that don't taste like delicious caramel then I understand. Consider our duel cancelled :smiley: 
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback