We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Secret Santa ideas for various spending limits
MSE_Laura_F
Posts: 1,598
MSE Staff
I'd love to get some ideas for Secret Santa presents going. What would make a good gift for each of these price points?
- Free
- £1
- £5
- £10
- Other amount
1
Comments
-
Idea for the £5 bracket:
Lidl's gingerbread house kit, £4.99
2 -
In terms of my workplace Secret Santa, our budget every year for the last five years or so has been £1, with the added cavet that no food in allowed.Some gifts that I have bought/ have received:
- Pack of pens
- Travel size toiletries
- Calendar
- A mug
- Lotto ticket/ scratchcard
- Novelty glasses/ other budget XMAS stuff
- Book
- Torch
- Budget toys
- Keyring
1 - Pack of pens
-
Panettone Lidl £5
Vintage annuals - charity shop £1-3 each
Charity shop Preloved or still in packaging itemsAchieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20281 -
£1
novelty socks,
box of short bread (Iceland)
note book,
chocolate,
Christmas pudding (Aldi)
A chocolate reindeer (Aldi but I think they’re 49p)
Gin and tonic tin (Aldi actually really nice)
fingerless gloves - primark (also wool hats)
Face mask
Hot chocolate sachet and custard creams
I do a lot of £1 gifting, this year I have bought 2 x 50p Bombay mix, named socks, gin tin, shortbread, stickers, and popcorn.Life happens, live it well.3 -
Bit late now, but the other year my Husband needed a secret santa gift for his office colleagues. He wasn't given a name or gender. I got him a small bottle of wine from Tesco, a wine glass from the poundshop and an inexpensive pair of socks from ebay with the words, if you can read this, bring me more wine, printed on the bottom. I can't remember the exact amount but it was well under a tenner and was appreciated by the recipient.2
-
Thanks, some great ideas on here. I bought some florists christmas cellophane one year (ebay) and some red ribbon, and made up some nice mugs with a couple of sachets of hot choc and a little pack of chocs inside. I love the wine glass, wine and socks idea - something to drink and things to keep and wear as well
I've also bought some choc chip shortbread as a small gift. I could really do with a small gift for nephew's girlfriend - I'm thinking maybe a facemask, candle etc. (sort of a diy spa). "Think of many things, do one"
DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


