MSE Poll: How do you rate your mobile network's service and coverage?

Poll started 7 December 2021

We want to find out how each provider rates for service (how it treats you) and coverage (how strong the signal is when you need it). In truth, there are only four main networks providing signals – the rest use these, but under their own brands (see our Mobile networks guide for who piggybacks on who). Please rate the firm that provides your mobile phone bill (if you've switched networks recently, please rate the provider you were with the longest over the last year).

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Suprized at some of the higher ratings for coverage across several of the suppliers who all use the same channels....especially when you understand that some of those rating higher than others were actually using lower/lesser speed versions of their competitors. It would seem people who pay less for their service will accept and even will applaud lower standards than higher payers of a better service.
  • Those who rate the services of a supplier higher are likely to live or use mobiles in towns and cities where coverage is good. In rural areas we still have limited choice of suppliers and poorer reception.
  • I live in a poor reception area. Have changed provider 3 times, O2, Three, another, now with EE which is the best of a bad bunch for reception. O2 were a nightmare to cancel a contract due to poor reception. Had my phone checked for aerial problems as well. It’s a minefield. Why don’t mobile phone manufacturers specify how good their reception is by handset to enable customers in poor signal areas to give themselves a fighting chance of decent reception. Your thoughts please.
  • Forgot to say, I’ve now enabled Wi-Fi calls from home which does help. My main point is directed at mobile manufacturers to test and rate their reception capabilities.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Inevitably statistically irrelevant results without much more data points... are you sure you're even factoring in that some may be unknowingly using WiFi Calling and therefore their "great coverage" could be nothing to do with the mobile signal. 

Switched from Vodafone to O2 years ago due to poor reception in the office in the City on my personal device. Out current home is a flat that runs from front to back of the building so reception is patchy in the middle but its only noticable if the internet is down as otherwise WiFi calling is making up for the poor signal.

Find much of O2 service to be poor, annoyed the other day to learn that the intangible "esim" can only be "sent" physically through the post (ie actually a slip of paper with a code) but then I believe Vodafone is the only UK provider willing to email esim details.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback