Modern Orthotics-Friendly Footwear

Ms_Chocaholic
Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 28 November 2021 at 11:21PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Hi
I have been measured up for orthotics (for high arches/PF and achilles problems) which I'm due to get in a couple of weeks, does anyone here wear orthotics and have found some modern shoes to wear with them.  If you have, please let me know as I've no idea where to look, I don't want to live life in trainers if I can help it.
Thanks
Ms Choc
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    My ex-husband wore an orthotic in high street shoes (Loakes, from most independent shops & John Lewis). He would generally remove the inner sole & replace with his orthotic.

You're probably best asking your podiatrist for advice as to what styles to avoid & where to look - independent shops may be best.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Get the orthotics then take them to a shop to try them in shoes.
    Generally shoes with removable inner soles are ok such as Clarks, Hotter, Ecco, Padders.
    High end shoes which are Goodyear welted are generally less suitable as the inner sole is not removable.
    G.
  • Thank you, I'm being fitted for them on Thursday so I will ask then, thanks for your help.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback