Black Friday

Hello folks

Generally I'm not much of a consumer - I only buy things when I need them - so the whole Black Friday thing has rather passed me by in previous years.
But this year it's coinciding with a time when I do actually need to get a few bits and pieces. So I'm wanting to know how to take best advantage of it!
Lot's of stores now have their 'Early Black Friday' offers, and Amazon seems to have an entire Black Friday Week at the moment. I'm just wondering if offers/discounts now are as good as they're going to get, or are things likely to drop even further on actual Black Friday?
I mean, Amazon and it's Black Friday Week... should I get things now? Or is it wiser to wait until the 26th?
What's the best strategy?

Thanks very much

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If it’s things from Amazon you need then have a look at camelcamelcamel and see the lowest price things have been. 

What I have done is ordered now with no rush delivery and if it drops even further on Friday I will reorder and send the others back. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks sarah1972!
    Yeah, I've used camelcamelcamel in the past - very useful!
    I guess I'm just wondering if there are any Black Friday patterns that have been noticed in previous years. If a retailer has Early Black Friday Deals or Black Friday Week, do prices tend to drop further on the actual Black Friday?

thanks
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jamieboo said:
    Thanks sarah1972!
    Yeah, I've used camelcamelcamel in the past - very useful!
    I guess I'm just wondering if there are any Black Friday patterns that have been noticed in previous years. If a retailer has Early Black Friday Deals or Black Friday Week, do prices tend to drop further on the actual Black Friday?

thanks
    Tough one, when I have bought in the Black Friday week it’s never been cheaper in actual Black Friday but I guess it totally depends on what you’re buying. Not that that is much help really 🤣🤣
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mci_3
    mci_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive been waiting for black Friday to come around this year. The price of the smart home heating gadgets has stayed at a steady price for months so ive been waiting in anticipation to grab a bargain. I looked at the price yesterday to realise the price for the multi buy option had gone up almost 25%?! 
    However… they’ve put the price up then added a free device, so i would save money, but then have the excess items. Its a bit cheeky of them right
    Can they put the price up like this even if it morally wrong or is this just the way it is.
    another retailer dropped the price but had no stock🤔.
    I may wait to for new year sales and be disappointed, again.
  • mci_3
    mci_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sorry! Not where i thought this was going to be posted🤦
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,570 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi @mci_3 - that's a pain to hear. Annoyingly, we see quite a few 'duds' like that around Black Friday. I'm keeping a list of the ones the MSE team spots today here:
    Spotted any Black Friday duds?

Any chance you've got a link to that smart home heating gadget deal you mentioned?

Thank you,

MSE Laura F
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport