Money: Friend not Fear!

Options
Hello!

Well I’ve been away from this site for around 10 years! Lots of things have changed in my life and at times it’s felt as if I’ve been on the world’s scariest roller coaster!!!

Financially, I am in lots of debt. I don’t know how much I owe. 

That’s why I’m back!

Change happens from NOW! xxx

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome back! 

The good thing is that you have made a decision. It seems that you are still on that crazy rollercoaster.

If I were you, I'd start with a phone call to Stepchange. https://www.stepchange.org/
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • TheAble
    TheAble Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Might be a help if you try and tot it all up..?!

Good luck on the journey.
  • NoDebtDiva
    Options
    Thank you MalMonroe and TheAble for your responses - I really appreciate you taking the time.

Although I am in debt, I feel differently this time around. Last time I was here, I had just lost my Dad, and my husband and I had decided to separate. I was so confused, felt worthless, and so critical of myself. 

This time, I am more accepting of myself and working on being my best friend!

My next step is to document exactly how much I owe. As they say, “Feel the Fear, and do it anyway!”.  

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Well done on deciding to confront the debt again.  As others have said tot up the total but also the interest rates as what you are paying on those will decide how you deal with the debt as well as how much disposable income you have.  Doing an soa (statement of account) will help you sort out a budget and make a plan.  There is a link below. 

http://www.stoozing.com/soa.php
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback