Council Tax Banding - valuation reduction post 1991

My 3 bed detached is in Council Tax band F; the house sits in ~ .5 acre of land.  From what I understand the banding calculation was based on valuations c.1991.  However, since 2000 at least an acre of land adjoining the house was sold and 3 new properties have subsequently been built, two large 5 beds and one bungalow.  I’m hoping that the valuation of my property should therefore be reduced as its ‘plot’ size is considerably smaller.

Has anyone experienced anything similar as o feel I should challenge the current banding.

Best wishes.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2021 at 6:34PM
    The land can only be considered garden land, and highly unlikely a) losing 20% of the garden would see any reduction and b) the VOA ever took it into consideration in the first place. If (b) then clearly don't draw attention to it!

If the land was not garden land, but used for other purposes e.g. pony paddock, then it would not normally have been included in the valuation.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback