We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Extra income
jones_guitar
Posts: 201
Forumite
Hi, I am a trained teacher. I live in central London. I also worked in construction - painting and decorating.
It is sad to say that painting and decorating in London is more highly paid than teaching, and I really want to boost the income. I am just awaiting to re-mortgage a flat. I just find abit of mental barrier to overcome going back. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone gone back to do a side hustle linked to their old job?
At the end of the day, I can only do two things, and I need to boost the income fairly rapidly.
It is sad to say that painting and decorating in London is more highly paid than teaching, and I really want to boost the income. I am just awaiting to re-mortgage a flat. I just find abit of mental barrier to overcome going back. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone gone back to do a side hustle linked to their old job?
At the end of the day, I can only do two things, and I need to boost the income fairly rapidly.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards