Incorrect nursery provider payment

Options
In August, due to miscommunication from the nursery provider  that my child goes too. I changed the payment on my childcare account to the wrong nursery for one month.

The childcare account team cannot help me retrieve the funds and the nursery who has received the money, incorrectly, will not return the money to my childcare account after confirming they would resolve the matter initially. 

The payment is almost £650 and I really don't know what else to do. The bank can't help because the payment was from my childcare account, NOT my bank account. The nursery setting is in another part of the country so not easily accessible.

I appreciate I have made the initial mistake, but is the nursery legally allowed to keep my money even though its not there's? How can I get it back in order to pay the right nursery.

Please help

Comments

• omega85
    omega85 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suggest you to raise a money claim request against the nursery. They have accepted and took money for a service which they have never provided. Along with the request, you can also damage their reputation on their social media pages such as Google Business, etc.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    omega85 said:
    I suggest you to raise a money claim request against the nursery. They have accepted and took money for a service which they have never provided. Along with the request, you can also damage their reputation on their social media pages such as Google Business, etc.
    Before you do that you need to send them a letter before action. Write informing them that unless they return the payment within 14 days you will be taking them to court to recover the payment.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    omega85 said:
    omega85 said:
    Before you do that you need to send them a letter before action. Write informing them that unless they return the payment within 14 days you will be taking them to court to recover the payment.
    But before doing any of that the OP needs to establish whether it's her 'money'. In the dim and distant past when I used childcare vouchers you 'bought' a voucher and then used the companies online system to allocate that voucher to a supplier. Any error had to be managed through the voucher provider

On that basis not sure MoneyClaim or Small Claims even makes it as far as the starting blocks but hopefully others with more recent experience may help - you're not going to have been the first one to do this
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback