Black Friday 2021: will you be looking to buy anything?

This year’s Black Friday (26th November) is just around the corner, but are you planning to buy anything? It often divides MoneySavers, as sometimes you can bag a bargain, but it can also suck you into unnecessary spending, too. Our Deals team are already pulling together their predictions for the best Black Friday deals (and any duds!), but we’re keen to see how you’re feeling about the event this year… 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official MSE Forum Team member
Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Friday 2021: will you be looking to buy anything? 59 votes

Yes
45% 27 votes
No
54% 32 votes

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    I am hoping the Echo Show 15 will be released for Black Friday 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • My 6 year-old tablet is literally falling apart, so I've been looking for a replacement - Black Friday may mean a good deal on a suitable option.  Or it may not, and I'm happy to be patient while my current one still works.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,829
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not looking to buy anything specific but if I spot a so called Black Friday bargain I will do my due diligence to confirm it is really a bargain! 

If it is then decide if I really need it!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• joeypesci
    joeypesci Posts: 670
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No as most stuff that is sold on Black Friday is either cheaper before the date or cheap electronics that are known to be cheap but the masses are fooled into thinking they are getting a cheap, quality bargains.
  • Pretty much most stuff I have bought recently, I have had cheaper prices outside this , er, event. Just run a price checker app or camel camel camel for the usual suspect and pick your time, you might have to wait but they get there in the end.

I suppose that a cheaper price (but not the lowest) and the need, rather than desire, that can be useful.

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    i was looking to maybe get a newer DSLR camera got my eye on a couple in the amazon warehouse so hoping they have 30% off again 
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Pretty much most stuff I have bought recently, I have had cheaper prices outside this , er, event. Just run a price checker app or camel camel camel for the usual suspect and pick your time, you might have to wait but they get there in the end.

I suppose that a cheaper price (but not the lowest) and the need, rather than desire, that can be useful.

Do you know a good price checker app/website that works with other websites?

I'm looking to buy some big appliances, so I won't be using amazon.

Thanks!
  • awaeryum said:
    Pretty much most stuff I have bought recently, I have had cheaper prices outside this , er, event. Just run a price checker app or camel camel camel for the usual suspect and pick your time, you might have to wait but they get there in the end.

Do you know a good price checker app/website that works with other websites?

I'm looking to buy some big appliances, so I won't be using amazon.

Thanks!
    I used Price Spy UK. Seemed to be pretty useful, you get a history as well, of the price that is. It has apps for the phone as well though I was careful with them as not too happy with privacy T+C.

But another thing is to create lists on John Lewis for example and use price spy to keep an eye on prices, when they drop elsewhere buy from JL  and ask for a price match, I like the warranties and no quibble returns with them. They are excellent (careful with John Lewis price match T+C, they won't match Shonky electrical outlets online only). Got the Hob and Panasonic Microwave that way saving over a £190 between the 2. And it wasn't on a Black Friday.

If you are stuck with Amazon, then Camel Camel camel.

• Most companies just put the prices up before black friday and then reuduce them so it looks like you're getting a good deal. I would only buy something on black friday if it something I actually wanted, instead of just buying it because it "looks" cheap. 
  • I'll be looking at the Sim Only deals in case my current one can be beat.
    A witty saying proves nothing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure