LGPS deferred pension calculator available online anywhere?

Options
Is there a calculator I am missing where I can put an annual pension amount and the year in which this was given and this would calculate the annual value today?

Many thanks in advance if so.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do you mean the public sector PI (pension increase) tables?  They will uprate your pension/lump sum as at your date of leaving until (currently) April 2021.

This won't take into account any early retirement reductions, though.
  • Lemon_dr1zzle
    Options
    Ask your fund for a current value. They should have sent you a deferred statement this year anyway. 
  • Reenie64
    Options
    I have a deferred pension with Strathclyde Pension Fund and if you sign up to their online site there is a page which tells you the current value of your pension and lump sum. You can type in the date you expect to retire and it will calculate your pension and lump sum if you take it on that date. There's also a slide button with which you can adjust how much lump sum you want to take and calculates your annual pension based on the figure you select. It's very simple to use. 
    I would imagine other LGPSs would have something similar.
    I used it to work out the earliest date I could afford to retire. Next year as it turns out 😁
  • Random47
    Random47 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 October 2021 at 2:53AM
    Options
    This might help. There are 3 schemes,
    pre 2008 (sorry cant remember exact name), accrual rate 1/85th final salary / with a x3 lump sum of annual pension (i think)
    2008 scheme / accrual rate 1/60th final salary 
    2015 scheme / accrual rate 1/49th care average
    Screen dumps show actuarial reduction by year. Set up a wee spreadsheet and you should be able to calculate your YTD pension with early retirement reduction. Note pre 2008 and 2008 are 65 retirement (male and 2015 is now your NPA whatever that will be). If I'm wrong on details above others will correct.

2015 is in purple 
    2008 blue 
    pre 2008 orange (note you have a lump sum reduction as well.

• Lemon_dr1zzle
    Options
    Pre 08 is 1/80ths 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family