Fitness tracker with Golf GPS

Options
Peco141
Peco141 Posts: 319 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 19 October 2021 at 2:50PM in Sports & fitness MoneySaving
My Fitbit Ionic fitness tracker watch has died after 3 years of use.

I'm looking to replace it with another Fitness tracker but would like a replacement fitness tracker with Golf GPS.  Does anyone have any experience with any of the Garmin watches designed for golf and do they have sleep, heartbeat, steps and calorie tracking that the fitbit does?

Also do they pair up with a Gamrin app like the fitbit?

Or can anyone suggest another alternative?

Comments

• Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was hoping someone would have been along that uses a fitness tracker for golf, but they are all absent, so I will comment on the other parts of your question.

The first fitness tracker my wife had was a FitBit which we really found disappointing.  She then moved across to Garmin and found it really great product - so good that I then got the same one.  We are both now on our second Garmin, but chose different models second time around.

All of the models we had include sleep, heartbeat, steps and calorie tracking as you require.  Features do vary between models, so you need to check the features in the specific model of interest.  

The Garmin watch pairs up with the Garmin App, which is very simple to set up and use.  We also both link our Garmin App to My Fitness Pal, which allows food input to adjust the calorie calculation in vs exercise (giving a net balance) rather than simply the default values for the daily calorie burned.

My Garmin watch does include a golf function but I've not been near a golf ball since crazy golf on the beach so I have never used the golf function and cannot comment.

For what I have ever wanted, the Garmin is brilliant and I can't imagine looking at anything else when I need to change the current device.

Hope that helps, and maybe someone will be along who can comment on golf functions in dues course. 
  • Peco141
    Peco141 Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great feedback, thank you.

I have had a look around and it looks as though the Vivoactive 3 is the watch for me.

or I may spoil myself and go for the Vivoactive 4
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peco141 said:
    I have had a look around and it looks as though the Vivoactive 3 is the watch for me.

That is the exact one that I have and I love it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback