Mortgage and car finance credit checks

Options
We are due to complete and movie in to our new house (FTB) next week. We/the builder notified our solicitor last week about this and they confirmed they will kick start the loan disbursal process. The bank has not yet carried out the final credit check (initial hard check was done earlier this year and approved) as best as we can tell having signed up for Experian and Credit Karma alerts. We also have a 10k car loan balloon payment pending that we put a request in to refinance earlier this month, the same also yet to appear on our credit file. Just logged in to the car finance account and it says the account is in arrears! The usual direct debit date used to be 15th but obviously due to our refinance request it didn't (paperwork was done earlier this month). 

Should I be worried? I am going to call the car company first thing tomorrow morning but is this going to show up on the credit file? Could this potentially interfere with the final "sign off" credit check by the mortgage company? I searched on Google and it says it may take up to 14 days to show up as missed payment on the credit file but is this accurate?

I am not too sure if the mortgage company is even going to run a final check now but it would make sense if they do as our affordability might have changed.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Comments

• aoleks
    aoleks Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not sure, but NEVER mess with anything that could mess up your credit score before a mortgsge application. Car loans are especially bad. Let’s hope they don’t check anything last minute and that your acfordability is good regardless.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback