Laptop - buy now or wait for Black Friday?

I'm looking for a Windows laptop (i5) and wondering if it might be worth waiting for Black Friday or not. TBH, all the previous Black Fridays have seemed remarkably unspectacular, with stingy discounts, and looks like an excuse for manufacturers to upsell people to their high-spec goods.

Does anyone here think that this year's Black Friday will see some good computer deals? Have you found good laptop deals over the past few years? Or will current chip shortages and the economic situation for retailers see discounting put on hold for the time being?

Comments

• You haven't got long to wait until Black Friday. Have you looked on any of the Cashback website to see if anyone of the shops you would buy from are on there. That said they may have some for Black Friday too. 
  • I'm looking for a Windows laptop (i5) and wondering if it might be worth waiting for Black Friday or not. TBH, all the previous Black Fridays have seemed remarkably unspectacular, with stingy discounts, and looks like an excuse for manufacturers to upsell people to their high-spec goods.

Does anyone here think that this year's Black Friday will see some good computer deals? Have you found good laptop deals over the past few years? Or will current chip shortages and the economic situation for retailers see discounting put on hold for the time being?
    Intel launches its 12th gen Core CPUs, Alder Lake, in mid-November so there will be some discounting of 11th gen at after that, though it will not be as large as in normal years due to the ongoing semiconductor shortage.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Make your short list and price watch.

A lot of places start early and sell out the best deals quickly.

• You haven't got long to wait until Black Friday. Have you looked on any of the Cashback website to see if anyone of the shops you would buy from are on there. That said they may have some for Black Friday too. 
    I've never used cashback sites before, as I assumed it meant signing up to something else before they'd send me the money. Do you recommend any particular sites?
    I've never used cashback sites before, as I assumed it meant signing up to something else before they'd send me the money. Do you recommend any particular sites?
    I use these https://www.topcashback.co.uk/tv/ All you need to do is join. There are 2 types of accounts. Both are free, but the if you choose the Plus account where you can earn a bit extra cash back, then £5 of your annual earnings will be deducted. Its as simple as that. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback