PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sugar & juicer hack, castor/icing/brown

Options
Don't know if this has been covered before but it's a great way to save a few pennies when baking etc.

Started doing this when i didn't have the right sugars, ----  half fill nutri bullet ( lots of other versions around) container with cheap granulated suger &
blitz for about 15 seconds , this should give you castor sugar, keep blitzing for a further 15-25 sec for icing sugar.

For brown sugar add some black treacle, can be a bit tricky to get it to mix but does work,  or drop it into the recipe mix as an extra ingredient.

Comments

• cornishchick
    Options
    oh thank you, I've done the caster\icing sugar one before but never heard of the black tricle one. 
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • Effician
    Effician Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had tried it before i mentioned it to a fella that worked at a sugar mill,  apparently golden caster sugar etc is just white sugar with a  spray coating of mollases ( black treacle ).Don't expect it to make finest muscavado though :smile:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback