Amazon Prime Deliveroo Plus deal

Options
MrsStepford
MrsStepford Posts: 1,603 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 30 December 2021 at 9:27AM in Gone off!
I think it's a fairly new deal. If you have Amazon Prime, you can hook up with DeliverooPlus to get unlimited free delivery for a year. Not only will this save money on delivery for assorted takeaways, but depending where you live you can get food from Morrisons, Co-op, Whole Foods, Waitrose, Aldi, Sainsbury's, Nisa and One Stop. 

Also the DeliverooPlus minimum order is £25 compared to £40 from the likes of Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Waitrose. 

Go to Amazon, sign in, scroll down to bottom of page ie the black section with white writing. On the right hand side in amongst other things listed will be Amazon Prime. Click on that and you should get an ad at the top of the page, for the Deliveroo deal. Click and follow instructions. 

Unlimited free delivery, ability to do smaller orders and to get food from places which don't usually deliver eg Aldi, I think it's a win. 

Comments

• pumpkin89
    Options
    It is a good service.  Do be aware, though, that shops and supermarkets mark up their prices since Deliveroo charges a commission to them.  Whereas you may well pay the same price for a takeaway as you would calling them up directly, for groceries you are likely to pay £25 for shopping that would cost £20-21 in store.
  • tp_wigwam
    tp_wigwam Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 October 2023 at 12:11PM
    Options
    I've  recently  noticed that the having deliveroo plus free via prime isnt all it is portraying.  I live in an area with limited restaurant deliveries.  Recently Deliveroo extended the delivery area for a number of restaurants that now can deliver to my area.  Thing is, I can't  see them on my app to allow me to order from them.  As soon as I sign out of my account, and using the same address, these 20+ eateries all appear (has to be at least 20 additional restaurants). I had a theory, they were restricting this free delivery because i have (free) deliveroo plus via my prime account.  So my daughter tested it out.  She had a regular account and ordered from a few different eateries on a few different days.  Food arrived without issue.  She then linked her prime account and can no longer see those restaurants!  If Deliveroo are restricting where you can order from because you have the "free" plus app via your Prime account, then it seems like false advertising to me.  If you want to see if it's happening in your area, simply sign out of the deliveroo app then take a look to see if the restaurants on your list  have changed (increased to include more)
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When my first year of free Deliveroo delivery was expiring, I got an email telling me that the offer has been extended for another year. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback