Will I Struggle to obtain a mortgage

Hello All,

wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.

when I was younger I was a bit of an idiot and went though a phase of opening and switching bank accounts to obtain the switcher payments as I was struggling financially.

long story short I’ve checked my file and I’ve got 50 off closed bank accounts over the years.

I struggled with credit cards but These are now under control and never go above around 15 percent utilisation in total.

As far as I can tell as long as I keep credit applications to a minimum I should be okay to obtain one in around 12 months time when I intend to get a mortgage?

My file has no late payments, defaults or ccjs so it is only my credit applications and utilisation that affect my credit currently.

thanks in advance

Replies

• edited 28 August 2021 at 3:35PM
    csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 28 August 2021 at 3:35PM
    nothing in there is concerning. Reduced credit applications to a minimum 6 months before application, but 12 months would be useful but not essential. 

Debt  and Defaults will be the biggest obstacle for people applying

don't forget gambling

Good luck
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • ACGACG Forumite
    22.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    You should be fine. 
    But try to stop making applications. 
    Close any accounts you no longer need/use. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.