Lean six sigma

Options
Hey,

I am hoping to complete some additional training to make myself more employable. I am considering competing a lean six sigma qualification  (green or yellow belt) to help facilitate a job move. My current company won't sponsor this training. There are some many websites and even Groupon codes for these kinds of courses and I don't know how many are scams or whether they give valid certification. Can anyone give any advice on online self-study classes at reasonable prices. Or any other course alternatives that some industries may prefer?

TIA

MM

Comments

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is no set Six Sigma body and so in theory anyone can write an exam and give you a certificate tomorrow.

Personally, would look at the big training companies and see who they are using as accreditation and then look for a good value provider using the same accreditation. Lean Six Sigma Academy for example is used by a couple of the known names. If you work with a large company then see who they use and check their accreditation body. 

You dont say what your job is or where you want to go with it so suggesting other things is difficult. Six Sigma is normally done by business analysts with a process slant so keeping in a  somewhat similar vain then something Change Management certification like Prosci, some agile/scrum master type qualification or move more to the IT side with something from BCS or more into data/dev with python or R
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback