Bounce Back Loan Remediation Emails ?

Options
I took out a bounce back loan last year in June with HSBC. They requested a print off of my self assesment statement 2018/2019 as well as all of the other evidence you have to give them..

i did all of this, sent it all to the relevant departments, and to my amazement, my bbl went into my account not long after.

since then, the first and second payment for the loan has been debited out of my account, but i have had several emails recently which say the following:

We previously sent you an email on 12/08/2021, regarding yourBounce Back Loan (BBL).  

Our records indicate we do not hold a copy of your 2018 / 2019 Self-Assessment Tax Return supporting your original Bounce Back Loan application which we now require. 

Unfortunately, we are yet to receive a response and therefore our review remains incomplete.

^^^

Is the above email a scam?? Ive also had several phone calls too, which i was ignoring but I eventually answered the other day, it was a woman asking for self assesment evidence..

I continued to speak to her and said i would reply to one of the emails that ive been sent, but i haven't yet. Something just doesn't add up, why would they need this info when ive already sent it to them over a year ago and they've already taken the first 2 payments!?

I said to the woman on the phone, if thats the case and your asking for evidence of my tax return then surely you should not have issued the loan in the first place and she said 'well yeah exactly..' such a strange response.

Could this mean that i'm not liable to make repayments as they have maybe issued it to me without receiving my tax return?? (Which I DID send to them on the application) but theyve maybe lost it or not received it?

Comments

• ItsComingRome
    Options
    I took out a bounce back loan last year in June with HSBC. They requested a print off of my self assesment statement 2018/2019 as well as all of the other evidence you have to give them..

i did all of this, sent it all to the relevant departments, and to my amazement, my bbl went into my account not long after.

since then, the first and second payment for the loan has been debited out of my account, but i have had several emails recently which say the following:

We previously sent you an email on 12/08/2021, regarding yourBounce Back Loan (BBL).  

Our records indicate we do not hold a copy of your 2018 / 2019 Self-Assessment Tax Return supporting your original Bounce Back Loan application which we now require. 

Unfortunately, we are yet to receive a response and therefore our review remains incomplete.

^^^

Is the above email a scam?? Ive also had several phone calls too, which i was ignoring but I eventually answered the other day, it was a woman asking for self assesment evidence..

I continued to speak to her and said i would reply to one of the emails that ive been sent, but i haven't yet. Something just doesn't add up, why would they need this info when ive already sent it to them over a year ago and they've already taken the first 2 payments!?

I said to the woman on the phone, if thats the case and your asking for evidence of my tax return then surely you should not have issued the loan in the first place and she said 'well yeah exactly..' such a strange response.

Could this mean that i'm not liable to make repayments as they have maybe issued it to me without receiving my tax return?? (Which I DID send to them on the application) but theyve maybe lost it or not received it?

No, you don't get free cash.

More likely, if you are ineligible, they can request immediate repayment of the entire sum.

Might want to get a move on and send them the required information.
  • bradztheman
    Options
    They don't have a right to request the full amount payable. Even if they did i don't have it. I just don't understand why they're requesting info that i already uploading during the application process. 
    I'm not ineligible what so ever.
  • ItsComingRome
    Options
    They don't have a right to request the full amount payable. Even if they did i don't have it. I just don't understand why they're requesting info that i already uploading during the application process. 
    If you're saying the agreement is null and void because you didn't supply the required information, then yes, they do.

I don't think it's likely, but it's far more likely than them letting you walk away with thousands of pounds of free money.

That they already requested it is irrelevant, for whatever reason they don't have it.  Send it again.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why do you think they dont? Have you checked the T&Cs?

HSBC don't seem to have their act together recently... was asked to provide information for our business account and pointed them to Companies House as the information is public record and freely available. They apologised and said they'd missed it. Then a month later got the same call again and repeat the conversation. Two weeks ago got a "we are closing your account because you've refused to provide information" letter.

Complaint logged, £50 of shut up money given yesterday and then 15 minutes later a 3rd call asking the same information.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback