Options
2»

Comments

• icedms
    icedms Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 August 2021 at 1:17AM
    Options
    Storewards app pays the most for me, next is Shoppix, both are eay to use.  The odd few ££ , it all adds up, 
    Thanks jennystarpepper I’m going to go with Shoppix do you have a referral code I can use? 
    Update: Just read people can’t share referral codes - soz  😳
    23/8/21
    Mortgage balance £11,277.68
    Monthly payments £202.93
    Interest £
    Term 4 years 8 months 
    MFW start 23/8/21

• Nurse2047
    Nurse2047 Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 August 2021 at 7:00AM
    Options
    Hi
    i enjoy these YouTube videos from mamafurfur sharing incase useful
    https://youtu.be/dX0Cpx_T--o

and humble penny 
    https://youtu.be/80b5SFnZgoM

https://youtu.be/0_aWbccuZiw

Nurse striving for financial freedom
  • icedms
    Options
    I get paid tomorrow and can't wait to make my first overpayment to my mortgage. Yay
    I wish I had known it was possible to do that earlier. I could have been paying bits off for years but getting to the party late is better than never 👍
    I just opened an account with MoneyBox but I'm not sure that's going to work for me. It takes too long to take the money from your bank account. I need it to be gone as soon as I've decided to save it. I'll keep it for the round up and any extra money just make an overpayment off the mortgage straight away.
    23/8/21
    Monthly payments £202.93
    Interest £
    Term 4 years 8 months 
    MFW start 23/8/21

• jennystarpepper
    Options
    icedms said:
    I get paid tomorrow and can't wait to make my first overpayment to my mortgage. Yay
    I wish I had known it was possible to do that earlier. I could have been paying bits off for years but getting to the party late is better than never 👍
    I just opened an account with MoneyBox but I'm not sure that's going to work for me. It takes too long to take the money from your bank account. I need it to be gone as soon as I've decided to save it. I'll keep it for the round up and any extra money just make an overpayment off the mortgage straight away.
    Can you set up your mortgage a/c as a payee with your bank, I set this up with my online banking and app?   I chuck pennies at it daily... my interest is charged daily so even the off £1.00 or 50p helps.

MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• icedms
    Options
    Can you set up your mortgage a/c as a payee with your bank, I set this up with my online banking and app?   I chuck pennies at it daily... my interest is charged daily so even the off £1.00 or 50p helps.
    Hey @jennystarpepper I’ve set up a faster payment for the mortgage overpayments 👍 
    I don’t actually know how much interest gets added on each month, so I’m just waiting for that to be added before making an overpayment.
    I followed the earlier suggestions of joining prolific. Between payments made and those still awaiting payment I earned £17 - that was a surprise.
    23/8/21
    Monthly payments £202.93
    Interest £
    Term 4 years 8 months 
    MFW start 23/8/21

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,953 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi icedms, welcome to MFW!

Prolific is great like that - this month has been terrible for me because academics are generally all on holiday in August, but generally I make £20+ per month and I’m pretty fussy about which ones I do.

I’d second Olio for free food - they have tie ups with companies, most notably Tesco, to take away their food waste. Volunteers collect it and redistribute it to those who request. Loads of bread, pastries, fruit and veg, as well as other bits. While plenty of people who are struggling financially use it, the focus is on saving food from landfill, so anyone can request - don’t feel you can’t because you’re choosing to save rather than having to. I have saved loads this year since I started using the app (and I’m now a volunteer collector - and you get to keep 10% of each collection if you do that - but it is hard work at times).

Good luck with your MF quest, I’ll be following along!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• icedms
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes and the suggestion @themadvix
    23/8/21
    Monthly payments £202.93
    Interest £
    Term 4 years 8 months 
    MFW start 23/8/21

Meet your Ambassadors