We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Understanding new state pension???
Comments
-
35 years is of no relevance to you as you have a pre 2016 history. At April 2016 you were given the better of your entitlement under the old or new systems and post April 2016 you could add to that amount to reach the new full pension. If buying additional years is available they are generally excellent value and pay back the capital outlay in 3 to 4 years, equivalent to a 30% annuity - try beating that. Post up the full details of your forecast and someone will give you pointers in the right direction.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1 -
I understand that I can buy back whole years which I may do. However I have been looking after grandchildren on a weekly basis several days a week for the last three years and am hoping to apply for childcare credits for that. however I won't have done this for every single week in a tax year, (they might have gone on holiday, I might have done , lockdowns etc). If I fill this application in accurately can I buy back the individual weeks missing? How do you do this???0
-
caro424 said:I understand that I can buy back whole years which I may do. However I have been looking after grandchildren on a weekly basis several days a week for the last three years and am hoping to apply for childcare credits for that. however I won't have done this for every single week in a tax year, (they might have gone on holiday, I might have done , lockdowns etc). If I fill this application in accurately can I buy back the individual weeks missing? How do you do this???MrsM did that. Got the equivalent of around £3K of class 3 payments for 6 years of part time child care during school term time. Quite straightforward to fill in the form in the above link by D&C. You then have 6 years from the end of the year concerned to make up any gaps that are left. https://www.gov.uk/pay-voluntary-class-3-national-insuranceAs you are nearing SRA I would claim the child care credits as soon as possible for each year.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
