Benefit Entitlement

Hello
I have recently been made aware of tax free child care. On investigating more it would appear we are not eligible because my wife does not work enough hours and thus earn enough money to be entitled to the help. Does anyone know of any other help we may be entitled to? I have looked via MSE site and the only benefit we can have is child benefit which we already receive. Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Many thanks
R    

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hello
    I have recently been made aware of tax free child care. On investigating more it would appear we are not eligible because my wife does not work enough hours and thus earn enough money to be entitled to the help. Does anyone know of any other help we may be entitled to? I have looked via MSE site and the only benefit we can have is child benefit which we already receive. Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Many thanks
    R    

The only other benefit that you could claim would be Universal Credit. It's a means tested benefit so you would need to claim as a couple. Whether you're entitled will depend on your joint circumstances. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. UC can also pay up to 85% of childcare costs.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback