RE NOTIFICATIONS

Options
can anyone please help me, i used to receive emails whenever a comp from take a break and take a puzzle were posted, but i havent received any for months now and i dont know how to rectify this. Could anyone tell me please what i need to do.
thanks

Comments

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 August 2021 at 9:17PM
    Options
    Yeah, it's the same for me and others too. Been that way for ages. I don't know if some are still getting notifications or not. It's such a pain for the puzzle ones in particular. I've missed several deadlines because of this. I think the MSE team know about this, and will hopefully sort it when they can, but I'll play it safe and link your thread to site feedback, to make sure they're aware of it.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Same happened on the swagbucks code thread  - starting a new thread seemed to fix it
  • janetmuff
    janetmuff Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks for that blulu, but dont know how to link it to site feedback
  • Blulu
    Options
    mjm, so I wonder if perhaps we should try that on the threads affected then?

Janet, don't worry, I've done it already. I added a link to your post. See: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6288947/notifications-issue#latest

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The thread was started Dec 2018  and notifications had started to get patchy before the new thread was started in Feb this year, as far as I know there have been no issues since (I doubt if there are more than 30 subscribers to it) - have an idea but not sure that mse didn't like threads to become excessively long on the old forum.
  • Blulu
    Options
    Hmm, assuming you mean as far as you know there have been no issues on the Swagbucks thread, then it might well be worth considering for the puzzle ones. I might post a link to this thread on the Puzzler and TAB threads, to see what others think. I'll hang on till the morning, in case you or anyone else thinks that a stupid idea. With thanks to both of you.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I always get notifications, by Email and Popup, for any posts made on both the Puzzler and Take a Break threads.
    I have both threads Bookmarked (they are the only threads I have Bookmarked) and I have "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." ticked for Email and Popup in Notification Preferences in my Profile.
    Seems very odd that these should work perfectly for me and not at all for others.
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know the answer to today's question on the Daily Mail Unicorn competition for week 3? I managed to find the thread but there's no answer for today. I appreciate any help. Many thanks. :)
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,473 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2021 at 11:39PM
    Options
    I always get notifications, by Email and Popup, for any posts made on both the Puzzler and Take a Break threads.
    I have both threads Bookmarked (they are the only threads I have Bookmarked) and I have "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." ticked for Email and Popup in Notification Preferences in my Profile.
    Seems very odd that these should work perfectly for me and not at all for others.
    It also works fine for me.

To change your notification settings:
    1. Click on "Profile" (top right of any page)
    2. Select "Edit Profile" from the drop down menu
    3. Select "Notification Preferences" (on the left)
    4. Set your preferences and remember to Save

The setup I have will be similar to Bob's and is shown here:

To bookmark a thread you need to click on the bookmark icon at the top right of the thread until it is solid (see below). You can see the threads you have bookmarked by clicking on "Bookmarks" - see arrow "1" below.

I would advise those who are having difficulty, to set up the notifications first, and then remove and reactivate the bookmarks on the relevant threads. Refresh the page each time.

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ailey said:
    Does anyone know the answer to today's question on the Daily Mail Unicorn competition for week 3? I managed to find the thread but there's no answer for today. I appreciate any help. Many thanks. :)
    There is not a question on Sunday. The Daily Mail is not produced on Sunday and the comp is not run in The Mail on Sunday
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback