Private Health Assessment

Hello lovely people

I know that I am lucky and this is a nice problem to have... I have recently been fortunate enough to find my way into my employer's "senior management" health cover scheme and it provides a contribution of up to £500 on an annual health assessment, which I would like to take advantage of. 

My question is, which provider will give best value on this? I would be prepared to top up the amount if necessary. I am a woman in my 30s, in reasonable health apart from the usual pains of a sedentary job, not overweight and no children as yet. Both of my parents died relatively young (early-mid 60s) from cardiovascular conditions so I would like to get some reassurance/advice/encouragement on my health outlook from the professionals.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!


  • Ibrahim5
    Ibrahim5 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There are plenty advertised which have lots of useless stuff mixed in with some good. If you have a family history of cardiovascular conditions it may be worth spending one years allowance seeing a cardiologist. Maybe a consultation, cholesterol blood tests, an ultrasound of the heart and an ECG would be around £500. Only guessing really about cost. If it was too expensive split it over 2 years. Maybe you could buy a blood pressure monitor with atrial fibrillation detector if that was allowed. If you are planning on having children someone would be happy to take £500 off you for pre-pregnancy counselling but you can easily do it yourself with google.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards