Universal credit

Options
Hi I've applied to universal credit due to health conditions on me having to leave work. I've already been advised that UC will pay my housing association rent of £384 but haven't been advised how much my 2 weekly payments will be? I've read that standard allowance is £411 per month for my age group but surely I not recieve that amount since they paying over £386 towards my rent!!!!! Could anyone advise? Don't get my WCA til mid august. Thanks 

Comments

• JJC1956
    JJC1956 Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If UC have agreed to pay your rent, your standard allowance will be paid on top, you also need to phone the council re your council tax, you will probably be entitled to a reduction.
    You can also get an advance from UC that will be repaid from your next 12 months payments (unless you go back to work, then they will ask for the outstanding balance).
  • Msmith1980
    Options
    Thank you. Didn't expect £411 etc per month if they already paying out £386 of my rent also. Seems a lot for them etc 
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi I've applied to universal credit due to health conditions on me having to leave work. I've already been advised that UC will pay my housing association rent of £384 but haven't been advised how much my 2 weekly payments will be? I've read that standard allowance is £411 per month for my age group but surely I not recieve that amount since they paying over £386 towards my rent!!!!! Could anyone advise? Don't get my WCA til mid august. Thanks 
    Have you applied for rate relief. It is separate to universal credit and should be applied for . 
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • snowmen
    snowmen Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you. Didn't expect £411 etc per month if they already paying out £386 of my rent also. Seems a lot for them etc 

That £411 figure will probably still include the £20 a week uplift applied due to covid. Be aware that this 20 pound figure is due to be removed in September.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Without the extra £20 it’s £324.85 per month 
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts