10 Years to freedom day!

So.....
About us: Family of 3 (DH, me & DS), and we have owned our current house aka the money pit since 2019.
We were very fortunate to be able to buy it from family and "gut it/do it up" whilst living rent free with parents.
Fast forward to 2021 and we have finally done everything and I mean everything to it! It hadn't been lived in for 5 plus years and we went back to brick, knocked walls down, new roof, gutted overgrown garden, rewired, new drive, new garage, new windows, 2 new bathrooms/ new kitchen. You name it, we have redone it!

Now that we have survived the renovation we want to focus on our MF journey.
Luckily due to all the work we have done, market conditions etc.. we now have a house valued at £400k with a mortgage of £149k.
Our plan is to overpay and have the mortgage cleared in ten years. Our current mortgage payment is £799 a month but we will now overpay monthly with a nice round sum of £1250. We have modest incomes and an emergency fund in place so this does all seem achievable. 
Slightly hoping to smash it in 8 years but time will tell.
My plan is to grab some overtime at work where possible and have regular clearouts for the bay of e to add to the pot.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback